Friday 30 January 2015

Double-page Spread

Heading – TEDx Talk with Shervin Kashefpour

Sub heading – Cynical coming soon on E4 8:30pm every Tuesdays

What was it like to be starring in an urban drama/crime show?

Well in the beginning it was very different and it felt really real at the point because I was the main character called Malik who gets targeted by other gang members and gets himself into trouble around the local area. This is also affected by what Malik has been through in the past, he’s been in and out of care homes which have really affected him physically and mentally which is why he’s getting involved in these kinds of drug related activities. But as an overall it was a pretty great experience and makes me think how children are like when they do actually go through that kind of problems.

What was the funniest moment on set?

There were quite a few moments that were hilarious on set and half of them were when we were actually out in the cold recording and everyone was freezing which delayed our work and couldn't get much done at the time. At times the camera work wouldn't be as accurate as we wanted it to be or the camera battery had died or one of our actors is not available. It was really stressful at a point because we had to get everything done to start off our show and these minorities were delaying it. At the end I was very pleased of the outcome thanks to my amazing media crew who helped me every time I wanted to give up.

What was your biggest challenge while making this show?

I think the biggest challenge for me personally was getting all the clips finished as accurately as me and my media crew wanted it to be. We had to re do a lot of shots because we couldn't get them right also if it started to rain we didn't have the right equipment to keep recording so it was a struggle but at the end of the day we got it done together as a team. Remember there is no I in team.

What was the experience like to be on set? Was this your first time acting?

Honestly, yes this was my first time being on set and getting filmed. I had never done this before and it was a very different like experience because you could not make any mistakes or else we had to do the whole seen again which would take even longer and not match our shooting schedule. Yes we had a shooting schedule because half of my crew got very lazy at a point and didn't want to come out because of the “cold” not mentioning any names ha-ha.

As a whole I got better in it after I got used to it and started to get the hang of acting. The experience was absolutely amazing and I really enjoyed my time on the set with the bestest media crew in the world (obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment